Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• Magner Sanborn has hired Katie Harnetiaux as account supervisor and Eric Dahl as director of digital for the company’s Spokane office.
• Michael Murray has bee hired as business development officer for H2E Incorporated in Liberty Lake. He previously worked as a business development consultant for StorePorter.
• The Washington Finance Officers Association presented Arlene Fisher and James Plaster with “Professional Finance Officer” awards for 2011. Fisher is city administrator for the City of Cheney and Plaster is director of finance and administration for Spokane Transit Authority.
• Dennis Durfee has been named chief financial officer for Mountain West Bank. He previously served as senior vice president/controller for Panhandle State Bank in Sandpoint since 1999 and has extensive banking industry experience. He holds an associate’s degree in business from Ricks College and a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Utah State University.
• Asset Planning and Management Inc. has hired Spencer Shelman as a securities analyst and portfolio manager. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst and previously worked for another local investment management firm.
• Jenifer Pearson has been promoted from assistant vice president to vice president/talent management officer for Banner Bank’s HR/OD Department.
• Northwest Pediatric Opthalmology has hired Dr. Rick Whitehead. He specializes in the treatment of childhood eye disorders and adult strabismus, and received medical training at Ohio State University and Indiana University.
• Liz McAndrews has been hired as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker for Northwest Neurobehavioral Institute. She holds a master’s degree in social work and specializes in counseling families of children with developmental delays.
• Fidelity Associates Insurance Brokers has hired Vickie McLean as a commercial lines account manager. She has more than 30 years of commercial insurance experience.
• Claudette Kenmir has been hired as vice president of the Eastern Regional Office of Physicians Insurance A Mutual Company. She previously served as vice president and regional general manager for Liberty Mutual Group/Safeco Insurance in Denver.
• The board of Children’s Advocacy Centers of Washington (CAC WA) has named Mary Ann Murphy executive director. She previously served as executive director of Partners with Families and Children: Spokane for the past 23 years.
• The following individuals have been hired as agents for Keller Williams Realty Spokane: Dana and Sue Boinski, Colleen Day and Fawn Tipton.
• Seth Marcantonio has been hired as co-op general manager for the Moscow Food Co-op. He previously served as store manager of the Berkshire Co-op Market in Great Barrington, Mass.