That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers for this week’s That’s News to You quiz.
1. B. After spending four years in an Italian prison, Knox found she was more likely to speak Italian than her native English.
2. D. Washington Republicans set their precinct caucuses for March 5, but that’s within the guidelines set up by the Republican National Committee. Florida set its primary for Jan. 31 in violation of RNC rules, and South Carolina and Nevada scrambled to move their events ahead of that.
3. B. Congress is considering legislation that would give states and tribes the authority to kill sea lions that feast on salmon below Bonneville Dam. The society says the sea lions aren’t a major factor in fish declines.
4. E. Judge Fred Van Sickle ordered the trial moved to Yakima, although he approved a video feed for the courtroom in Spokane for local residents to watch.
5. A. In their first few weeks of life, young pheasants eat mostly bugs. They switch to seeds and leaves later, but to sustain more pheasants on Conservation Reserve Program lands, wildlife experts say insects are the important factor.
On the Web: For a longer, interactive quiz and a chance for this week’s prize of lunch for two at the Davenport Hotel, go to spokesman.com /newsquiz.
Last week’s winner: Danielle Hunter, of Spokane.