Somebody Needs You
The goal of Somebody Needs You is to match donors with the specific requests of needy Spokane residents.
The list of requests is coordinated by the Volunteers of America in cooperation with recognized social service agencies in Spokane. If you have an item to donate, please contact the social service agency directly. Donors who can deliver items are especially appreciated. If someone you know needs help, contact a local social service agency provider.
• Disabled single mom needs couch, vacuum cleaner and recliner. Contact Amy at Aging and Long-Term Care of Eastern Washington, (509) 458-2509, ext. 252.
• Single mom needs toddler bed and adult bed (any size). Teen boys looking for work need clothing for interviews; size medium dress shirts, khaki pants size 32 x 30 and towels. Contact Lynnetta at Catholic Charities, (509) 324-9161.
• Formerly homeless family with two small children and another on the way needs clothes washer and dryer. Contact Chantel at Spokane Neighborhood Action Programs to arrange pickup, (509) 456-7106, ext. 108.
• Single moms in transitional housing need kitchen items, cookware, living room and dining room furniture, crib or bassinet, baby girl clothes and baby toys. Contact Marilyn at Aston-Bleck Apartments, (509) 535-8267.
• Formerly homeless veterans need warm winter clothing: hoodies, coats, thick socks, thermal underwear, boots and snow pants. Homeless veterans need bikes in working condition. Contact Tim at Volunteers of America, (509) 328-4685.