Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Magner Sanborn has hired Chelsea Newman and Teresa Ide as account coordinators and Aaron Schaber as a designer for the company’s Spokane office.
• Klundt Hosmer has hired Katie Kolahi as an account coordinator. She previously interned with the firm and holds a bachelor’s degree in communication in advertising from Washington State University.
• Edwin Morgan has been appointed by Gov. Chris Gregoire to Community Colleges of Spokane’s board of trustees for a five-year term. Morgan formerly served as superintendent of schools for Malheur Education Service District in Vale, Ore., from 1989-97.
• The Community Colleges of Spokane Foundation presented Debi Alley and Virginia Tomlinson with Saling Awards for Excellence, which honor outstanding professional-exempt and administrative staff. Alley is a confidential assistant to the president at Spokane Community College and Tomlinson is dean of Spokane Community College’s arts and sciences division.
• Arlene Patton and Ray Mooney received 2011 Friend of Housing awards from the Washington State Housing Commission during the organization’s annual Housing Washington conference. Patton is a retired HUD Field Office director and Mooney is a retired banker.
• Ken Roberts Investment Management Inc. has hired Bryn Harman as a senior portfolio manager and member of the investment committee. He previously worked for ICM Asset Management Inc. as vice president/director of research and has more than 17 years of related experience. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst and a member of the CFA Institute, and holds a bachelor’s degree in finance and economics from the University of Saskatchewan.
• Kelli Pearson has been elected to the American Chiropractic Association’s House of Delegates. Pearson is a Spokane chiropractor and co-owner of Pearson and Weary Pain Relief Clinic.
• Life Care Center of Post Falls has hired Logan Stroud as executive director. He previously served as administrator at Regency at Northpointe in Spokane for the past five years and holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
• Frank Hanagarne Jr. has been appointed chief financial officer and senior vice president of Coeur d’Alene Mines Corp. The company also promoted K. Leon Hardy from senior vice president of operations to chief operating officer and senior vice president.
• Joe Gamon and Brian Northey of Merit Electric Inc. in Spokane received My Boss is a Patriot awards from the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve organization. Gamon and Northey were nominated for the award by an employee, Raymond Pope, a naval reservist.
• Downtown Spokane Partnership has hired Mike Tedesco as president. He previously served as executive director of the Pueblo, Colo., Urban Renewal Authority; as community development director for the Town of South Fork, Colo.; and as the Puget Sound Attractions Council executive director. Tedesco holds a bachelor’s degree in geography from the University of Idaho and a master’s degree in urban planning from the University of Kansas.
• The following individuals have been elected to the Inland Northwest Planned Giving Council’s 2011-12 executive committee: president, Vicki Egesdal of Inland Northwest Land Trust; vice president and program chair, Terri Fortner of Holy Family Foundation; secretary, Holly Norton of Whitworth Foundation; treasurer, Wayne Rounseville of Children’s Home Society; membership chair, Yvonne Shulman of Catholic Charities; past president, Anne Price of Immaculate Heart Retreat Center; members at large, Betsy Godlewski of YWCA, Brenda Hunter of Sacred Heart Foundation, Dave LejaMeyer of Eastern Washington University, Cam McGillivray of Northwest Trustee and Management, Peter Moyé of K and L Gates, Peggy Paullin of Inspired Implementations and Eric Stutzman of Abridge Partners LLC.
• Mann Jones has been hired as property manager of the commercial management division for Kiemle and Hagood Co. He previously worked as a wholesale insurance broker and is a licensed Realtor in Washington. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Virginia and a master’s degree in business administration from Arizona State University.
• Kiemle and Hagood Co. also hired Dina Cole as property manager for the Spokane and Coeur d’Alene region. She previously worked as a residential sales broker for RE/MAX Equity Group in Portland and is a licensed Realtor in Washington and Oregon. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration/finance from the University of Houston.