Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• McDermid, Mikkelsen and Secrest P.S. promoted Richard Menzies to a manager. The firm also promoted Anna Fagerland and Charles Adams to staff seniors.
• The following Community Colleges of Spokane employees received CCS Foundation/Spokane Teachers Credit Union Outstanding Classified Staff Awards: Debbie Stafford, Suzanne Denison, Erica Lovchick and Coulette Kuespert.
• Jesse Hardt has been named Principal of the Year by the Washington Library Media Association. Hardt is principal of Horizon Middle School in Spokane Valley.
• Whitworth University elected Stu Stiles and Jennifer Ratcliffe to its board of trustees. Stiles is former CEO of Advantage IQ, a subsidiary of Avista Corp., and Ratcliffe is a physician and Whitworth alumna.
• David Bobbitt has been named chair of the board for Pacific Coast Banking School. He has served as a member of the board since 1995 and is a 1981 graduate of the banking school. He is chairman and CEO of Community 1st Bank.
• The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors presented Peter Elliott with a National Quality Award for the 32nd time. Elliott is a financial representative of Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, Hubbell Group in Spokane.
• Al Wolfe has been promoted to director of east branches for Spokane Teachers Credit Union. He has been with the company for five years and previously served as manager of the Post Falls branch. The credit union also promoted Pamela Moore to director of south branches and Danny Jones to director of remote services. Moore previously served as the Silver Lake branch manager and has been with the company for five years. Jones has been with STCU for 17 years and previously served as software development manager.
• St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute has hired Ulrike Berzau as hospital administrator. She previously served as vice president of inpatient rehabilitation for Spaulding Rehabilitation Network in Boston. She holds a master’s degree in management from Aquinas Graduate School of Management, and a master’s degree in health science from the University of Indianapolis, and she is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
• Patricia Novak has been appointed as director of the Spirituality/Health Arts Program for St. Joseph Family Center. She previously served as a vocation director in Portland. She holds a bachelor’s degree in sociology from Gonzaga University and a master’s degree in education.
• The following plastic surgeons were recognized by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons at its national conference for developing an educational advertising cooperative: Spokane, Drs. Carol Hathaway, Lynn Derby, Alfonso Oliva, Edwin Chang, Elizabeth Peterson, Jeffrey Karp, Robert Cooper and Kaiulani Morimoto; Post Falls, Drs. Mark Owsley and Patrick Mullen; Ponderay, Idaho, Dr. Michelle Spring.
• Cathy Marshall has been hired as vice president in risk analysis and consulting for Wells Fargo Insurance Services USA in Spokane. She is a graduate of the University of Illinois.
• Coeur d’Alene Insurance has hired Max Faller as a commercial property and casual agent. He previously worked for Bankcda in Coeur d’Alene.
• Dunn and Black P.S. has hired Garrett Hall as an attorney. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Brigham Young University and is a graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland.
• Mark Stambaugh has been promoted to vice president of engineering for FlyBack Energy.
• The Washington Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has named the following individuals as 2011 Spokane’s Finest Young Professional honorees: Cory Oberst of Inland Northwest Bank; Kendra Darnell of Providence Medical Group; Kenneth Dillon of Avista Utilities; Jonathan Merck of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney; Devin Masterson of Washington Trust Bank; Geneva Drouin of Vision Tech 360; Sasha Jackowich of Spokane Valley Hospital; Crystal Clark of Healthcare Resource Group; and Rebecca Schroeder, CF Ambassador.
• Jodi Dormaier-Storer has been hired as a broker for Windermere North Spokane LLC. She previously worked for Coldwell Banker Tomlinson North.
• Keller Williams Realty Spokane has hired Jon Werre as an agent. He previously operated 1st Choice Residential Cleaning and 1st Choice Landscape and Design companies.