A glance at key local and national events in the week ahead. All times Pacific. For a complete local list, see Page E2.
• Standard & Poor’s releases S&P/Case-Shiller index of home prices for August, 6 a.m.; House Ways and Means Committee hearing on U.S.-China economic relations.
• The Conference Board releases the Consumer Confidence Index for October, 7 a.m.
• Commerce Department releases durable goods for September, 5:30 a.m.; Commerce Department releases new home sales for September, 7 a.m.
• Commerce Department releases third-quarter gross domestic product, 5:30 a.m.; Labor Department releases weekly jobless claims, 5:30 a.m.; National Association of Realtors releases pending home sales for September, 7 a.m.; Freddie Mac releases weekly mortgage rates, 7 a.m.
• Commerce Department releases personal income and spending for September, 5:30 a.m.; Labor Department releases the third-quarter employment cost index, 5:30 a.m.