Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Susan Whaley has become the owner of the Inland NW Drawing School. She is the previous owner of Litigation Graphics.
• North Idaho College has hired Ginger Winckler as dual credit coordinator. She previously worked as an associate/assistant dean in the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Illinois Urbana campus and had been with the university since 1986.
• Eric Titus has been promoted to retail branch manager of Banner Bank’s Spokane Hastings Branch. He previously served as a personal banker for the bank’s Cheney Branch and has been with the company since 2008.
• The Washington Department of Ecology presented an Outstanding Wastewater Treatment Plant award to Lee Mellish, Liberty Lake Sewer and Water district manager on behalf of Liberty Lake Sewer and Water District No. 1.
• Steven Borders has been hired as a lead clinician for Revita Rehab. He has more than 20 years of clinical rehabilitative experience and holds a bachelor’s of science degree in human biology and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Southern California University of Health Sciences/Los Angeles College of Chiropractic. Revita Rehab also hired Bethany Brown as clinic administrator. She has several years of office experience, is a certified Microsoft Office user specialist and Revita Institute certified technician.
• Kootenai Prosthetics and Orthotics has hired Sunye Tafoya as a certified orthotist for the company’s new Spokane Valley clinic. Tafoya previously worked for Thompson’s Custom Orthotics and Prosthetics. She holds a biology degree from Central Washington University and bachelor’s degree in prosthetics and orthotics from the University of Washington.
• Lunell Haught has earned recertification as a certified management consultant by the Institute of Management Consultants USA. She operates Haught Strategies, a business management consulting firm in Spokane.
• The following individuals have been elected as officers and directors for 2011-12 Spokane Estate Planning Council: vice president Greer Gibson Bacon of Asset Planning and Management Inc.; program chair Brent Stanyer of Douglas, Eden, Phillips, DeRuyter and Stanyer PS; and membership chair David Green of David B. Green C.P.A. LLC.
• Rose Jones has been named Sales Representative of the Year for 2011 by Babolat, a tennis equipment manufacturer based in Lyon, France. Jones has been with the company’s U.S. sales division for eight years.
• Partners with Families and Children: Spokane promoted Kari Grytdal to executive director. She previously served as director of operations for seven years.
• Jennifer Shupe and Alyson Marx have joined Keller Williams Realty Spokane as agents.
Click here to comment on this story »