September 10, 2011 in City

House fire displaces two residents

 

Spokane firefighters have extinguished a fire this evening that caused substantial damage to a Bemiss-area home and displaced two residents.

Crews were called to the single-story residence at 1825 E. Empire about 9:18. They quickly extinguished the blaze.

One of the home’s two residents was at home with his girlfriend. They were watching a movie in his room when he said he heard glass breaking. He went into the kitchen, where he saw flames at the back of the house. He and his girlfriend escaped out his bedroom window. His roommate, the other tenant, was not a home at the time, he said.

The fire was concentrated in the basement, and remains under investigations.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email