• Bill Robinson has been appointed to the Washington Legislature’s higher education steering committee by Gov. Chris Gregoire. Robinson is president emeritus of Whitworth University.
• Joel Mitchell and Colleen Hamill have been ranked in the top 25 percent of the country for excellence in client service for Edward Jones. Mitchell is a financial adviser and Hamill is a branch office administrator for the company in North Spokane.
• Inland Northwest Bank has hired Kent Nelson as a mortgage loan officer for the company’s Downtown Spokane office. He previously worked for MetLife Home Loans and has 13 years of experience in the mortgage lending industry.
• Josh Melcher has been hired by Sterling Savings Bank as vice president and private banker for the company’s Spokane Private Banking office. He has nine years of banking industry experience and previously worked as a senior business relationship manager for Wells Fargo Bank. He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and marketing from Washington State University.
• The following individuals have been elected as officers and directors for 2011-12 Spokane Estate Planning Council: president, Keith Schmidt of McDirmid Mikkelsen and Secrest PS; and secretary/treasurer, Kevin Sell of Heiskell MacGillivary and Associates.
• Providence Health Care appointed Susan Stacey as executive director of Sacred Heart and Holy Family Hospital’s Women’s Services and Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital. She has been with Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center for 27 years and previously served as manager of Pediatric Intensive Care and Pediatric Units.
• The following individuals have been appointed to Magnuson Hotels’ corporate staff: Jason Beasley, chief financial officer and chief operating officer; Brett Fromm, director of financial planning and analysis and director of revenue services; and Darren Cromeenes, brand/marketing manager.
• Christiaan Brown has been promoted to general manager of Northwest operations for Hill and Knowlton.
• The following individuals have been elected as 2012 officers for the Inland Northwest Community Foundation: chairman, Robert Larson of Merrill Lynch; vice chairman, William Bouten of Bouten Construction; and secretary, K. Duane Brelsford of Corporate Pointe Developers. New directors include: Shelley Bennett of Palouse Commercial Real Estate; Patricia McRae of KHQ Inc.; and Dale Schuman of Panhandle State Bank.
• The following individuals have been elected to the 2011-12 Inland Northwest Development Council: president, Kristine Ruggles of Christ Clinic/Christ Kitchen; vice president of programs, Heather Beebes-Stevens of Spokane Symphony; vice president of communications, Jackson Williams of Hospice of Spokane; vice president of membership, Sharon Robertson of Spokane Neighborhood Action Programs; treasurer, Bobbie League of Spokane Guild School and Neuromuscular Center; secretary, Jillian Bell, community volunteer; past president, Courtney Susemiehl of Sterling Savings.
• Sarah Robertson has been hired as development associate for Greater Spokane County Meals on Wheels. She holds a bachelor’s degree from Washington State University, a master’s degree from the University of Leeds and has seven years of nonprofit development experience.