Spokane County has 11 openings for volunteers on boards and commissions that range from solid waste to historic landmarks.
Some are for people from certain areas or backgrounds; others are for anyone who lives in the county.
Here are the openings:
• One on the Fair & Expo Board and one on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee, from county commissioner District 1.
• One on the Spokane County Shooting Advisory Committee, which advises commissioners on no-shooting zones, from commissioner District 2.
• One at-large adult position on the Chase Youth Commission.
• Two at-large vacancies on the Developmental Disabilities Board.
• One joint Spokane-Spokane County appointment to the Historic Landmarks Commission.
• Two positions on the Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee, one at-large and one from the city of Millwood.
• One position on the Mental Health Advisory Board. The position is open to all, but service recipients are encouraged to apply.
• Two positions on the Solid Waste Advisory Committee, one at-large and one from a public interest group.
Details on the openings and an application form are available by clicking on the “Boards and Commissions” link at www.spokanecounty. org/commissioners.
For more information, contact Ginna Vasquez at (509) 477-2265 or gvasquez@ spokanecounty.org.