Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The following individuals have earned Certified Nursery Professional designation in North Idaho: Kendall Adams, Dave Crockett and Marci Crockett, All Seasons Garden and Floral, Kootenai; Cindi Kimball, Moose Valley, Naples; Kevin Mansoor and Valerie Ripley, Ponderay Garden Center; Kyle Nagy, Center for Organic Studies, Sandpoint; Penny McShane, Clark Fork; Jennifer Jensen, University of Idaho Extension, Boundary County; Mike Bauer, University of Idaho Extension, Bonner County.
• Eclipse Engineering has hired Sushil Shenoy in its Spokane office. Shenoy received his master’s degree in civil engineering from Virginia Tech and his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Gonzaga University. He is a LEED-accredited professional by the U.S. Green Building Council and is involved in Engineers Without Borders.
• AmericanWest Bank has hired Bruce Mills as relationship manager for the Palouse region. Mills has more than 18 years of banking and finance experience, including expertise in small business and agricultural lending. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Idaho. Mills is assisting customers in Colfax, Palouse and Tekoa, Wash.
• David Williams has been promoted from intern to Staff B Accountant at Nicholas Knapton, P.S., a Spokane CPA firm.
• InCyte Pathology has recruited hematopathologist Dr. Ayumi Corn to join its cancer diagnostic division. She previously was a hematopathologist at Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City. Corn is board-certified in hematology, anatomic and clinical pathology. She graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and completed her residency at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center.
• Red Lion Hotels Corp. named Julie Shiflett as executive vice president and chief financial officer. The Spokane-based company hired her in October 2010 as vice president of finance. Shiflett is a principal of NW CFO, a financial consulting company she founded in 2008. She previously served as CFO of Signature Genomic Laboratories in Spokane and also held positions at Columbia Paint and Coatings, Riley Creek Lumber Co. and Coopers & Lybrand.
• The Society of Certified Insurance Counselors awarded a certificate of achievement to Paul D. Roberts of PEMCO Insurance Agency of Spokane for dedication and leadership in the insurance industry.
• Attorney Tom Bassett has been named in the 2012 publication of the Best Lawyers in America in the practice of bankruptcy and creditor-debtor rights law, and insolvency and reorganization law. Best Lawyers also named Philip Carstens in the practice of tax law, business and succession planning, and employee benefits practices. Both are partners in the Spokane office of K&L Gates LLP.
• Real estate agents Cristi Arleth and Steve Freeman have joined Keller Williams Realty of Spokane. Arleth previously owned a business, and Freeman previously worked at Exit Real Estate Professionals in Spokane.