Here are the answers to this week’s quiz:
1. C. The mail service will be called Qwikster, even though getting movies over the Internet will be quicker. The online service will use the Netflix brand name.
2. B. The fossils found recently were dated to about 7 million years. The oldest previous fossils of an ancestor of a beaver dated to about 5 million years.
3. C. Charles Ponzi, an Italian immigrant to the United States, developed his scheme that involved paying off older investors with money collected from new investors.
4. D. A nanosecond is a billionth of a second, or 1/1,000,000,000.
5. D. Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, had the largest jump in income, to a net worth of $17.5 billion, but that was only good enough for No. 14 on the list.
On the Web: For an interactive quiz, and a chance at this week’s prize of lunch for two at the Davenport, go to spokesman.com/newsquiz.
Last week’s winner: Cornelia Brisan, of Spokane.