1. Netflix announced it will split into a company that mails movies to customers and another that provides movies online. What will the movie-by-mail service be called?
E. None of the above. The company is changing the name of the Web service.
2. Scientists in Oregon found a fossil of a beaver that shows the animal was in North America much earlier than previously thought. How much earlier?
A. 1 million years
B. 2 million years
C. 4 million years
D. 5 million years
E. 7 million years
3. Another alleged Ponzi scheme, this one in Idaho, made headlines last week. For whom is that type of swindle named?
A. Alfred Ponzi
B. Antonio Ponzi
C. Charles Ponzi
D. James Ponzi
E. Katerina Ponzi
4. Scientists in Switzerland believe they found something that moves about 60 nanoseconds faster than the speed of light. What’s a nanosecond?
A. 1/1,000th of a second
B. 1/1,000,000th of a second
C. 1/100,000,000th of a second
D. 1/1,000,000, 000th of a second
E. 1/1,000,000,000, 000th of a second
5. The Forbes list of wealthiest Americans was released last week, with Bill Gates Jr. on the top and Warren Buffett second. Who among the following isn’t in the top 10?
A. Sheldon Adelson
B. Charles Koch
C. George Soros
D. Mark Zuckerberg
E. Can’t fool me. They’re all on there.
Find the answers, explanations and last week’s winner on Page A6
Click here to comment on this story »