Here are the answers to the newspaper edition of this week’s quiz:
1. D. After being on a transplant list for 20 months, Cheney received a new heart.
2. C. The Lady Zags lost to Kentucky, which lost in the Elite Eight round. The other teams mentioned make up the Final Four.
3. A. The pope went to Cuba after Mexico.
4. B. The Idaho House approved the money for a fund that would allow legislators to hire outside lawyers rather than rely on the state attorney general’s office.
5. B. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich laid off a third of his staff, cut back his travel schedule and said he was aiming for a chance to capture the nomination at the GOP convention if Romney doesn’t have the delegates to win on the first vote.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a little practice, why not try the online version at www. spokesman.com/ newsquiz? Top entries qualify for a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries are placed in a drawing for two free tickets to area cinemas.
Last week’s winners were Tom Quinn, of Spokane, who won the gift card to the Davenport, and Bryan Dooley, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.