Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Jamie Blattstein has been hired by Magner Sanborn as a senior level copywriter. He previously served as the creative director/founder of The North End Creative agency in Tacoma and has extensive advertising and branding experience.
• The National Catholic Educational Association presented Kolleen Murray with a 2012 Distinguished Teacher Award. Murray is a seventh- and eighth-grade teacher at All Saints Catholic School in Spokane.
• Barbara Barker has been hired as a lighting consultant for Trindera Engineering in Coeur d’Alene. She previously worked for DEI Electrical Consultants in Spokane. She has 25 years of lighting design experience and holds a degree in architectural engineering with a focus in illumination.
• Spokane Teachers Credit Union promoted Scott Rabe from software development manager to director of project management and development. He has been with the credit union for 19 years. STCU also promoted Lindsey Myhre from financial reporting and treasury manager to director of accounting and finance. She joined the company in 2000.
• Marnie Schroer has been authorized by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards to use the certification mark CFP. Schroer is a financial adviser at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC in Spokane.
• The American Optometric Association presented Lauren Petrie with a certified paraoptometric designation. Petrie works for Outlook Vision in Spokane Valley.
• Janet Abadir , M.D., FACS has joined Surgical Specialists of Spokane as a board certified general surgeon. She earned her medical degree from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and completed her residency at the University of California Irvine Medical Center.
• Family Home Care and Hospice in Liberty Lake has hired Carolyn Stevenson as Spokane area director. She holds a bachelor’s degree in nursing and a master’s degree in business administration. The company also promoted Jeff Wiberg from director of human resources to vice president of human resources.
• Spokane attorney Paul Mack received the 2012 Smithmoore P. Myers Professionalism Award from the Spokane County Bar Association.
• Lukins and Annis P.S. promoted Trevor Pincock to principal for the law firm’s Spokane office.
• Attorney Kara Heikkila has joined Hawley Troxell in Boise as Of Counsel for the firm’s employment and labor group. She previously worked as an attorney with Farley Oberrecht in Boise for four years. She holds a bachelor’s degree in health care administration from Idaho State University and a juris doctorate from Seattle University School of Law.
• The Washington Employment Lawyers Association elected Larry Kuznetz as secretary. He serves as a partner in the law firm of Powell, Kuznetz and Parker P.S. in Spokane.
• Kestell Company Real Estate has hired Sarah Jackson and Ira McMorris as brokers. They previously worked for Coldwell Banker NW Group.