That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s quiz.
1. C. Condon was sworn in at 37. Fotheringham was 34 when he became mayor in 1891.
2. D. A new study of some 30 years of data shows an average increase of 13 traffic deaths on the day taxes are due, compared to other days around that time.
3. B. Nicolaysen, who evaded police chases despite being tracked by a dog, continues to update his Facebook page. Police are among those checking the page.
4. C. The federal government agreed to settle claims by 41 tribes, including the Spokane, Coeur d’Alene, Colville and Nez Perce tribes, that tribal trust accounts and lands were mismanaged for years.
5. A. Watson beat Oosthuizen in a playoff.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a chance to test your quiz quotient, try our online version at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel; all entries go into a drawing for free movie tickets.
Last week’s winners were Amy Lutz, of Spokane, who won the gift card to the Davenport, and Karen Baker, of Spokane, Jenny Brookfield, of Millwood, and Mark Kinney, of Spokane Valley, who each won two tickets to a Spokane Shock game.