That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s quiz:
1. C. The agents were supposed to be preparing for President Obama’s trip to Cartagena, Colombia, for a Latin American summit. They were recalled to the United States after hiring prostitutes and are being investigated.
2. B. The Bonneville Power Administration, or BPA, is marking its 75th anniversary. It was created with the completion of the Bonneville Dam and markets the electricity from federal dams in the Northwest.
3. E. The Titanic struck an iceberg just before midnight on April 14, 1912, and sank less than three hours later. The Model T debuted in 1908, Wilson was elected later in the year, World War I started in 1914 and penicillin is the relative newcomer, discovered in 1928.
4. D. About 300 people attended a council meeting on a resolution to support same-sex marriage. The council eventually tabled the resolution when a majority agreed it wasn’t a local issue.
5. A. Redinger was selected last week as the replacement for Nancy Stowell, Spokane Public Schools’ superintendent.
Now that you’ve had a little practice, try your luck at our online, interactive version of That’s News to You, at www.spokesman. com/newsquiz. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel; all entries this week go into a drawing for free movie tickets.
Last week’s winners were Joseph Reilly, of Spokane, who won the $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel; Andrea Rydholm, of Spokane, who won AMC movie tickets; and Kevin Hee, of Spokane, and Dennis DuPree, of Spokane, who each won tickets to the Custer’s Antique Show.