August 3, 2012 in City, News
2 hospitalized after fire breaks out at Liberty Lake firm
Two people were hospitalized after inhaling smoke when a fire broke out at a manufacturing plant in Liberty Lake Friday.
Fourteen people at Precision Manufacturing, 1711 N. Madison St., were identified as having been exposed to potentially toxic smoke at the firm, which prepares metal parts and components for powder coating.
Ten Spokane Valley fire engines, ladders and support units with 34 employees responded to the scene, the first within five minutes of the 6:07 p.m. report.
Employees had called 911 while other employees tried to contain the blaze with fire extinguishers and a garden house.
Surrounding fire units helped cover Spokane Valley while firefighters worked in Liberty Lake.
Two people were treated at Deaconess Medical Center “for precautionary evaluation of respiratory symptoms,” according to a news release.
Damage was minimal, and the firm’s manufacturing processes are expected to be back to normal soon.
The case of the fire is under investigation.