Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Mountain West Bank has hired Bob Perry as a mortgage loan originator. He has more than 17 years of related experience.
• Russell Palmer has been hired by Spokane Teachers Credit Union as card services manager. He previously worked for Bank of America as a customer service/ telecommunications manager for the company’s card/merchant processing division.
• Spokane Teachers Credit Union has named Tracy Malley branch manager of the Spokane Valley Branch. She previously served as manager of the South Branch and has been with STCU for 14 years.
• Brandy Schloss has been named branch manager of Spokane Teachers Credit Union’s South Branch. She has worked for the company for 10 years and previously served as branch manager of the Northtown Square Branch.
• Gary Flood has been appointed to the Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technical Advisory Committee by U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu. Flood is president and CEO of ReliOn.
• Jim Vancho received a President’s Award from the American College of Chiropractic Orthopedists. Vancho is a chiropractic orthopedist and has run his own chiropractic practice in Post Falls since 1992.
• The Academy of General Dentistry awarded Zach Brumbach its 2012 Fellowship Award. Brumbach is a dentist and practices at Brumbach Family Dentistry in Post Falls.
• Washington Super Lawyers magazine named K&L Gates attorneys Kjirstin Graham and Thaddeus O’Sullivan as “2012 Rising Stars.”
• John Hertz has been appointed senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer for Clearwater Paper. He previously worked for Novellus Systems Inc. as vice president and chief financial officer. He holds a bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in accounting from Montana State University and participated in the Practice Fellowship Program at the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
• Central Pre-Mix hired Terrie Schucht as corporate controller and Karl Patchin as a senior accounting manager. Schucht previously worked for Ponderay Newsprint Co. and is a graduate of Eastern Oregon State University. Patchin holds a master’s degree in business administration from Gonzaga University and previously worked for Esterline Advanced Input Systems as an accounting manager. The company also promoted Kelly Johnson from an accounting manager to assistant controller. She has been with the company since 2004.
• Drew Reinke has been promoted to conservation director for Inland Northwest Land Trust. He has been with the organization since 2008.
• The Idaho Ski Areas Association elected Phil Edholm president. Edholm is president and CEO of Lookout Pass Ski and Recreation Area in Mullan, Idaho.
• Katie Fear has been hired as an agent for Keller Williams Realty Spokane. She previously worked for Windermere Real Estate.