That’s News to You answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. C. Ferguson’s is in the Garland District near another landmark, the giant milk bottle.
2. A. Candidates for statewide, congressional and some county races appear on the state primary ballot. Spokane elected its mayor last year.
3. D. Nichols was sentenced to a total of 125 years for being a felon who stole firearms in a burglary and sold them to people who eventually used one to murder a Colville resident. The three people involved in the actual murder got far shorter sentences.
4. B. Annan is the former U.N. secretary general who took the job as special envoy to Syria, trying to broker peace between the Assad regime and rebels. On Thursday he announced he was stepping down, saying peace will require Assad to leave.
5. E. The Mobius Science Center is a museum that has been in the works for several years. At one point it was planned for the north bank of the Spokane River, but that plan was scrapped and it is now in the old J.C. Penney building.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a little news quiz practice, why not try your hand at the online version of That’s News to You, at spokesman.com/ newsquiz where you could win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel or free movie tickets.
Last week’s winners are Scot Wilcox, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Jenny Brookfield, of Millwood, who won tickets to the Spokane Indians ballgame.