If you followed the news last week, you might do well on our weekly news quiz. Try your hand at the newspaper edition, then take our online quiz at spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where you could win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel or free movie tickets.
1. Ferguson’s Cafe reopened after being destroyed by fire. It’s a landmark eatery in
A. Browne’s Addition
B. Downtown Coeur d’Alene
C. The Garland District
E. Logan Neighborhood
2. The Washington state primary is Tuesday. Which of the following offices is not on the ballot?
A. Mayor of Spokane
C. U.S. senator
D. State representative
E. State Supreme Court justice
3. Christopher Nichols was sentenced to 125 years in prison by a Stevens County Superior Court judge for
A. Kidnapping a child who died of medical complications
B. Hiring a hit man to murder his wife
C. Sexual assault of a minor
D. Stealing and selling firearms as a felon
4. Kofi Annan announced he was resigning as
A. U.N. Secretary General
B. Special envoy to Syria
C. National security adviser to President Barack Obama
D. Chairman of the Nobel Peace Prize Committee
E. Can’t fool me. None of those is right.
5. Something named Mobius opened in Spokane last week. What the heck is that?
A. It’s a new “fusion” restaurant.
B. It’s a microbrewery using only Inland Northwest grains.
C. It’s a new amusement park ride in Riverfront Park.
D. It’s a water park.
E. It’s a science museum.
Check your work
For last week’s winners and to find out how you did, turn to Page B7.
sponsored Kids learn about money from their parents.