That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You:
1. B. The Sikh Temple of Wisconsin was targeted by Wade Michael Page, who described himself as a member of the Hammerskins Nation.
2. C. The International Baccalaureate program, designed to give students a deeper understanding of world affairs, was a victim of low enrollment, higher costs and criticism by some who complained it taught slanted politics using “code terms” like “social justice” and “sustainability.”
3. D. Hurricane Ernesto hit the Mexican coast just north of Belize with 85 mph winds.
4. C. Allegiant said it will offer weekly nonstop flights to Honolulu in February, leaving on Saturdays and returning on Fridays.
5. C. Self-proclaimed sovereigns question the legitimacy of federal, state and local government agencies but typically recognize the office of the sheriff as the highest law enforcement authority.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a little news quiz practice, try your hand at the online version of That’s News to You, at spokesman.com/newsquiz, where you could win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel or free movie tickets.
Last week’s winners are Jennifer Jacobson, of Medical Lake, who won the Davenport gift card, and Lauri Armon, of Coeur d’Alene, who won tickets to Regal Movie Theaters.