If you followed the news last week, you might do well on our weekly news quiz. Try your hand at the newspaper edition, then take our online quiz at spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where you could win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel or free movie tickets.
1. A gunman with ties to white supremacist groups killed six people at a religious facility in Wisconsin. What faith used the facility?
A. Orthodox Jews
2. The Coeur d’Alene School Board voted to cancel the IB program in its schools. What does IB stand for?
A. Industrial Business
B. Internal Balance
C. International Baccalaureate
D. Introductory Biology
E. Inside Baseball
3. This year’s hurricane with a name beginning with “E” hit the Mexican coast last weekend. What’s the name of that hurricane?
4. Allegiant Air announced it will be offering nonstop flights between Spokane and what destination?
D. Los Angeles
E. Washington, D.C.
5. Two men who are part of a growing “sovereign citizen” movement were arrested after a standoff with a SWAT team in Otis Orchards. Sovereigns recognize what office as the highest law enforcement authority?
A. The police chief
B. The U.S. attorney
C. The sheriff
D. The FBI
E. Can’t fool me. Sovereign citizens don’t believe they’re subject to the laws of any authority.
Check your work
For last week’s winners and to find out how you did, turn to Page B7.
Click here to comment on this story »