That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. E. ALS is often called Lou Gehrig’s disease in honor of one of the most famous people to suffer from it. Gehrig had signed the bat that was auctioned.
2. C. Harper had red-bellied piranhas, which he was offering to trade on Craigslist. He had traded one for a baby alligator. But owning piranhas and alligators is illegal in Washington, so wildlife agents seized the fish and the gator. The piranhas were euthanized, and the alligator is in custody.
3. D. A study of more than 1,200 stroke patients found that smoking tobacco and eating egg yolks had a similar effect on narrowing carotid arteries. The CDC recommended limiting consumption of eggs and products made with them.
4. B. The 2016 games are scheduled for Rio de Janeiro.
5. D. The Rays were on the losing end of Hernandez’s perfect game.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a chance to warm up your news sense, why not try your hand at the online, interactive version of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/newsquiz? Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for free movie tickets.
Last week’s winners are George Waldref, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Janielle Monroe, of Spokane Valley, who won free tickets to AMC Theaters.