That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers for this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You:
1. D. WSU says about two-thirds of its students receive some kind of financial aid, so the glitch in the new system caused plenty of headaches as students were starting classes.
2. C. Straub, the former public safety director of Indianapolis, was named police chief last week.
3. E. The number of wheat farms in Washington has shrunk by about 50 percent in the last 15 years.
4. A. The Lands Council relocated a problem beaver from a farm near Addy to a stream on the ranch of Washington Rep. Joel Kretz, sponsor of legislation that allows such transfers.
5. D. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood was in Spokane on Thursday touring the North Spokane Corridor site with Sen. Maria Cantwell.
You can try your hand at our online version of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/newsquiz, where the top entries each week go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for four tickets and a parking pass to the WSU-EWU football game in Pullman.
Last week’s winners are Kevin Hee, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Simon Palmer, of Hayden, who won movie tickets to Regal Theaters.