Derry Dean Ulven, “SWEDE”, passed away in Spokane on August 26th, at the age of 78, after a brief illness. Born in Lignite, ND on January 2nd, 1934, he grew up in Montana, and moved to the Deer Park/ Spokane area 45 years ago.
He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Deana Ulven “Blossom”, of Deer Park and his son, Douglas Ulven of Spokane. Also three sisters and numerous nieces and nephews. Two granddaughters and a great- granddaughter of Florida.
He served his country in the U.S. Navy during the Korean conflict. He was a member of the Eagles. He retired from Kaiser Aluminum Mead plant where he was a foreman in the rodding room. All who knew him, knew he loved life. He was an avid fisherman, loved to golf, was an amazing mechanic, had a great sense of humor - often tagging folks with nicknames. His multitude of friends are too numerous to name, they all know who they are. Everyone touched by him knew what a great man and person he really was.
A special thanks from his family, to his nephew, Jack Dillon, and the members of “Swedes Group” at Deer Park Golf Course.
He will be sadly missed by all. He was a great husband, father, and friend. No services will be held per his request.
Goodbye Sweetheart / Pa / Unc / Brother / Papa / and our friend.
We will see you in heaven.
Subscribe and login to the Spokesman-Review to read and comment on this story
Most read stories
- Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers votes against Republican legislation on immigration …
- Restoration of historic Otis Hotel underway again after delay …
- Trapped campers, swimming bears in Montana as floods hit U.S. …
- Whiskey tariffs hurting Dry Fly Distilling’s international sales …
- Durham offering $4K signing bonus, $17 an hour to entice new school bus drivers …