Here are the answers for this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. D. Water rates went down for most people, so they used more water and had fewer complaints.
2. E. It’s a number so high that Idaho is losing about the same number of deer in road accidents as it is through hunting.
3. B. Volkssport started in Bobingen, Germany, in 1963.
4. B. The U.S. Capitol tree will come from the Colville National Forest in 2013, and selection will likely take place in the summer.
5. C. Stanford and UCLA ended their regular season in a game against each other. Because they won their respective PAC-12 divisions, they played in the conference championship game the next Friday.
On the Web: Try out the online version at spokesman.com/ newsquiz. Top entries every week go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel; all entries this week go into drawings for four tickets to the EWU-Seattle game in Cheney on Dec. 10, and for two tickets to the WSU-Buffalo game in Seattle on Dec. 21.
Last week’s winners are Jim Carbis, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card; Eleanore McKenna, of Spokane, who won tickets to AMC Theaters; and Erica VanNatta, of Spokane, who won tickets to the EWU-Idaho basketball game.