That’s NEWS to you quiz
If you followed the news closely last week – and even if you didn’t – you could be a winner with this week’s quiz. After testing your news sense here, go to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to try our interactive version, where the top entries go into our weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into two drawings for college basketball game tickets.
1. After the city of Spokane changed its water rates this year, what happened?
A. People used less water, and there were more complaints
B. People used less water, and there were fewer complaints
C. People used more water, and there were more complaints
D. People used more water, and there were fewer complaints
E. People used about the same amount of water, and they complained less
2. Idaho Fish and Game officials are worried about the high numbers of deer, elk and moose killed in motor vehicle accidents last year. About how many were killed?
3. Volkssport, an activity that features noncompetitive walking, started in
E. The United States
4. A tree in the Colville National Forest will be selected next year as the Christmas tree for
A. The White House
B. The U.S. Capitol
C. The Washington state Capitol
D. Rockefeller Center
E. Can’t fool me. No one’s picking out Christmas trees for 2013 yet.
5. Which two college football teams played each other two weekends in a row?
A. Notre Dame and USC
B. Alabama and Georgia
C. Stanford and UCLA
D. Texas and Oklahoma
E. Can’t fool me. The NCAA doesn’t let teams play two weeks in a row because it’s bad for TV revenues.
Check your work
Find answers and last week’s winners on page B7.