That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. D. Council President Ben Stuckart is proposing a property tax increase on the February ballot to avoid closing some library branches.
2. A. The law will require new homes and homes that are remodeled to have carbon monoxide detectors.
3. C. The United States and Germany had reductions, but carbon dioxide emissions for the rest of the top 10 went up.
4. A. Katie Pemberton, who teaches at Canfield Middle School in Coeur d’Alene, was named the state’s teacher of the year and nominated for National Teacher of the Year.
5. E. They are all real bowl games, as are the Chic-fil-A, the Pinstripe, the BBVA Compass and the GoDaddy.com bowls.
Now that you’ve had a little practice, try our online, interactive edition of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries every week go into a drawing for a $50 gift card at the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for four tickets to the EWU-Weber State basketball game on Dec. 20.
Last week’s winners are Shelli Dickinson, of Liberty Lake, who won the $50 gift card; James Faucher, of Coeur d’Alene, and Jordan Keough, of Coeur d’Alene, who won tickets to the WSU-Buffalo basketball game in Seattle; and Ryan Grant, of Medical Lake, who won tickets to the EWU-Seattle basketball game in Cheney.