Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• D olly DuBois has been hired as a tax specialist for McDirmid, Mikkelsen and Secrest P.S. She previously worked for Burkhardt, Dierdorff, Shriver and Walther, PLLC.
• The Department of Ecology presented Environmental Excellence Awards to the Washington Association of Wheat Growers and the Ritzville Warehouse Co. during the Tri-State Grain Growers Convention held in Coeur d’Alene this past November.
• Thomas Vander Ploeg has been appointed executive vice president and chief credit officer for Idaho Independent Bank. He previously served as executive vice president and chief credit officer for a community bank in central California, and has more than 35 years of banking industry experience. He holds a degree in accounting from San Jose State University and is a Pacific Coast Banking School graduate. The bank also appointed Alicia Ritter to its board of directors. Ritter serves as president and principal of Ritter Public Relations based in Idaho.
• Inland Northwest Bank has hired Bradley Alcock as assistant vice president and branch manager of the company’s Northpointe branch in Spokane. He previously worked for Bank of America.
• Peter Schlegel, M.D. has joined Cancer Care Northwest as a medical oncologist and is accepting new patients. Location: 601 S. Sherman Ave., Spokane. Contact: (509) 228-1000.
• HomeCare Elite has named Intrepid USA Healthcare Services of Spokane as one of the nation’s top home health care providers for the fourth time.
• New York Life Insurance Co. has named Wes Teterud a member of the company’s 2012 Executive Council. He has been an agent for the company since 1994 and is associated with its Eastern Washington General Office.
• Tyler Waite and William Hughbanks have been hired as associates for the law office of Campbell and Bissell, PLLC. Both Waite and Hughbanks are 2012 graduates of Gonzaga University School of Law.
• Tim Lawlor has been appointed to the board of the Federal Bar for the Eastern District of Washington as 2012-13 federal bar president. Also appointed to the board are Geana Van Dessel as vice president and Matt Daley as treasurer. Lawlor, Van Dessel and Daley serve as attorneys with Witherspoon Kelley.
• Lee and Hayes, PLLC has promoted Bea Koempel-Thomas and Brett Nelson to partners of the law firm. Koempel-Thomas holds a degree in computer science from Central Washington University and a juris doctorate from Gonzaga University School of Law. Nelson holds a zoology degree from Brigham Young University and is a graduate of George Mason University School of Law.
• Ryan Baldwin has been hired as a front-end developer for 14Four. He previously worked for DigiDeal Inc. as a software engineer. He holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science with a minor in mathematics and physics from Eastern Washington University. • Mariesa Stokes has opened her own writing, marketing and public relations services company in Spokane. She previously served as a public relations specialist for Norfolk Botanical Garden in Norfolk, Va., and worked in television news in Norfolk and Cape Coral, Fla., for eight years. Website: www.mariesastokes.com. Contact: (509) 703-7158 or mariesa@ mariesastokes.com.
• Spokane Dignity Group has hired Caryn Knight as general manager of Hazen Jaeger, Ball and Dodd, Hazen Jaeger Valley; and Thornhill Valley funeral homes in the Spokane area. She previously served as manager of Visser Funeral Home in Langley, Wash., and has five years of funeral industry experience.
• Heather Rosentrater has been named a new member of the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery’s board of trustees. Rosentrater is director of shared services for Avista Utilities.
• The following individuals have been elected to the Spokane Association of Realtors’ 2013 leadership team: president, Marianne Guenther Bornhoft; president-elect, Joe Garst of Windermere City Group; secretary, Jennifer Valerien of RE/MAX Inland Empire; directors: Patti Boyd of Century 21 Beutler and Associates Spokane; Tom Hormel of RE/MAX Inland Empire; Eric Johnson of Coldwell Banker Tomlinson North; Susie Luby of John L. Scott Spokane; and Jim Palmer Jr. of Real Estate Market Place NW Inc.
Click here to comment on this story »