That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. B. EWU put out the call for alumni, many of whom joined student musicians in a volunteer band.
2. D. The city has a target of 2018 to stop raw sewage from flowing into the river, although it is proposing a new plan that involves reducing stormwater runoff.
3. A. Washington does elect its judges, and a recent study shows that sentences were about 10 percent longer when judges were nearing a contested election.
4. C. It was 7.8 percent in January 2009 but has been above 8 percent ever since.
5. B. The Seahawks are the third team to do that, but the first since 1950.
You’ll find some of these questions, plus others in our online version of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/newsquiz. With the online version, top entries each week are entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
Last week’s winners are Kevin Hee, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Patricia Bart, of Post Falls, who won tickets to the EWU-Idaho State basketball game.