Local news


South Hill apartment fire likely caused by smoking in a bedroom

A fire that displaced residents of three apartments on the lower South Hill early Monday appears to have been caused by someone smoking in a bedroom, according to the Spokane Fire Department.

Firefighters responded at about 3:30 a.m. to 1405 W. 8th, a news release said.

The fire was confined to an upstairs unit in that building, but two other units were damaged by smoke and residents of all three units were displaced, the release said. Residents were being assisted by the American Red Cross. No one was injured.

The fire was estimated to have caused about $30,000 in damage.



Click here to comment on this story »




Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(509) 747-4422
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile