Recently the Central Valley School District sent out a newsletter to keep our community informed and involved. We read with interest about the many recent achievements of the district. To name a just a few:
• Recognized in the top 5 percent of highest performing districts in Washington state.
• A high school graduation rate of 88.5 percent.
• A state audit report of financial records with six consecutive years of no findings.
• State Patrol bus inspection with a pass rate of 98.8 percent.
• Reducing waste garbage fees with a cafeteria composting program.
• Students working to support Spokane Valley Partners with food and cash donations.
The communiqué went on to provide information on a forthcoming request for a three-year operations/ replacement levy. After reading about the district’s many significant contributions to our students and community, it made us appreciate just how fortunate we are to have such quality schools educating our children.
CVSD continues to excel even with reduced financial and staffing resources.
Congratulations to the students, staff and administration of Central Valley schools. Count on our vote of confidence for you in the February vote. We encourage the voters of our entire community to do the same.
Jay and Kay Walter