Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper version of the That’s News to You quiz.
1. B. Gregoire signed the Marriage Equality Act Monday, but same-sex couples shouldn’t rush out to get a license. The law can’t take effect before June 7 and could be blocked then by a referendum effort.
2. E. A study in the New England Journal of Medicine said patients who practiced tai chi for six months had better stability and fell less than patients who tried other physical regimens.
3. A. David Harlan converted the 60-foot-diameter silo near Moscow into a theater in the round.
4. B. Lin graduated from Harvard, which isn’t particularly known for basketball.
5. C. Adele won six Grammys: Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Pop Solo Performance, Pop Vocal Album and Short Form Music Video.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a little practice, try the interactive version of That’s News to You, at www. spokesman.com /newsquiz. Top entries to the online quiz are entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate to the Davenport Hotel. All entries this week will be put in a drawing for two free movie tickets.
• Last week’s top-entries winner of the Davenport gift card was Jenny Adsit. Winners of the overall drawing for tickets to the Spokane Golf Show were William Pierce, of Spokane Valley, and Bryan Dooley, of Spokane.