Here’s your chance to test your knowledge of recent news events.
After you warm up with this quiz, you can try the interactive version, and compete for prizes like a Davenport Hotel gift certificate or movie passes, at spokesman. com/newsquiz.
1. Gov. Chris Gregoire signed a bill last week that covers what controversial topic?
A. A tax increase
B. Same-sex marriage
C. Legalized marijuana
D. Third-trimester abortions
E. Building a Seattle arena for an NBA team
2. A recent study suggests patients with Parkinson’s disease may see improvements if they
A. Drink pomegranate juice
B. Cut back on coffee
C. Avoid red meat
D. Swim at least three times a week
E. Practice tai chi
3. An old grain silo near Moscow, Idaho, has been turned into
A. A theater
B. A gourmet restaurant
C. A microbrewery
D. A high-tech manufacturing plant
E. Housing for University of Idaho students
4. Jeremy Lin, an NBA rookie star for the New York Knicks, is described by national sportswriters as having come out of nowhere. What “nowhere” college did he attend?
E. Washington State
5. Adele won the most Grammys at last Sunday’s ceremony. How many did she win?
Find the answers, explanations and last week’s winners on Page A7.