Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• McDirmid, Mikkelsen and Secrest P.S. promoted Greg Kelly and Staci Huffman to staff seniors.
• Chris Roberts has been hired as vice president and commercial banking team leader for AmericanWest Bank in downtown Spokane. He is a graduate of Washington State University and Pacific Coast Banking School and has 19 years of banking industry experience.
• The Coeur d’Alene Tribe has named Heather Keen public relations director. She previously worked for the Human Rights Education Institute, the University of Idaho’s College of Business and for Gallatin Public Affairs. She holds a bachelor’s from Colorado State University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Idaho.
• Sara Elton has been hired as a histology technician for InCyte Pathology. She previously worked for Alaska Native Medical Center.
• The College of American Pathologists (CAP) presented Dr. David Hoak with a Certificate of Recognition for his participation in CAP’s Breast Preventative Factors Testing Advanced Practical Pathology Program. Hoak is laboratory medical director for InCyte Pathology.
• Topher Brown has been hired to manage the select business unit for Moloney O’Neill. He previously worked for Western States Insurance for eight years. The company also hired Jon Luciani as a sales executive for its personal insurance division. He previously worked in real estate sales and leasing for Kiemle and Hagood and is a graduate of Eastern Washington University. • Scott Carter has earned a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter designation. He is a commercial insurance sales executive for Moloney O’Neill.
• Western States Insurance Agency has hired Wendy Richard as a personal lines account executive. She previously worked as a licensed national sales agent for Safeco Insurance.
• Geri Ann Baptista has been hired as vice president for Hill+Knowlton Strategies’ Northwest operations. She previously served as senior manager of corporate communications for Starbucks Coffee Co. She has eight years of experience in corporate communications and worked as a litigator and trial attorney for 12 years. She holds a bachelor’s degree in American studies and journalism from the University of Hawaii at Manoa and a juris doctorate degree from the University of Washington School of Law.
• Kestell Company Realtors has hired Tom Clark. He previously worked for Coldwell Banker Northwest Group and has 20 years of Spokane real estate market experience.
• Jolene Barrington has been hired as an agent for Keller Williams Realty Spokane. She previously worked for Choice Realty, LLC.