That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s quiz:
1. B. World Vets is a nonprofit group of volunteer veterinarians started by Deer Park vet Cathy King.
2. B. The Taliban is opening a mission in Qatar, although Afghan President Hamid Karzai was pushing for it to be in Saudi Arabia or Turkey.
3. A. Cordray, a former Ohio attorney general, received a recess appointment to the post even though the Senate is not in recess.
4. E. Boeing confirmed reports that it would not make military modifications to its new tanker in Wichita and would close its 2,100-person plant there by the end of 2013.
5. D. Ohio State lost to Florida in the Gator Bowl. The other teams all won their respective bowl games.
On the Web: For a longer, interactive quiz, go to spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries have a chance to win lunch for two at the Davenport Hotel. All entries have a chance to win two tickets to a Gonzaga Bulldogs basketball game.
Last week’s winner: Kathryn Carpenter, of Omaha, Neb.