The Spokesman-Review


Spokane Valley business fire ruled accidental

Fire investigators say a fire that damaged a Broadway Avenue industrial business Monday night was accidental.

The two-alarm blaze at Industrial Systems and Fabrication, at 5217 E. Broadway Ave., was reported at 6:46 p.m. after workers had left for the day.

The Spokane Valley Fire Department said in a news release that a grinding operation threw off sparks that smoldered in combustible materials and burst into flame after the business had closed for the day. Industrial Systems is a metal fabrication and repair company.

The fire is estimated to have caused more than $150,000 in damage to the building and its contents, the news release said.



Click here to comment on this story »





Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(509) 747-4422
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile