Spokane Valley business fire ruled accidental
Fire investigators say a fire that damaged a Broadway Avenue industrial business Monday night was accidental.
The two-alarm blaze at Industrial Systems and Fabrication, at 5217 E. Broadway Ave., was reported at 6:46 p.m. after workers had left for the day.
The Spokane Valley Fire Department said in a news release that a grinding operation threw off sparks that smoldered in combustible materials and burst into flame after the business had closed for the day. Industrial Systems is a metal fabrication and repair company.
The fire is estimated to have caused more than $150,000 in damage to the building and its contents, the news release said.