Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• Chris Sneider has been hired as a senior civil/geotechnical engineer for USR Corp.’s Spokane Valley office. He previously worked for Golder Associates.
• Spokane Teachers Credit Union has hired Richard Breitenberg as facilities manager. He previously served as project manager/ superintendent for Contractors Northwest Inc., and owned and operated Breitenberg Construction from 1993 to 2002. He holds a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Associate designation and has 20 years of residential and commercial construction experience.
• Dr. Joshua Cochran has been hired by Grand Corner Dental as an associate dentist. He also works as a professor for Eastern Washington University’s dental hygiene program and holds a doctoral degree in medical dentistry from the Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health.
• The Associated Taxpayers of Idaho elected Dwayne Tofell as secretary/treasurer for the executive committee. Tofell is director of taxes and insurance for the Potlatch Corp. in Spokane. The association also elected Tori Gray to its board of directors for a three-year term. Gray is a certified public accountant for Magnuson McHugh and Co. in Coeur d’Alene.
• Travis Vaughn has been elected as 2012 president of the Pages of Harmony Barbershop Chorus. Vaughn is a site support specialist for Spokane Public Schools’ NEWTech Skills Center and On Track Academy.
• Keller Williams Realty Spokane hired Amy Agather and Bonnie Groller as agents.
• Arthur Brown has been appointed CEO and chairman of the board for Blue Water Technologies. He worked for Hecla Mining Co. for 39 years and retired from the company in 2006 after serving as CEO for 19 years.