Here are the answers to this week’s quiz:
1. B. Although current owner Joe Peak bought the Snake Pit, also known as the Enaville Resort, in 1978, it was established in 1880.
2. D. Huntsman finished third, ahead of Gingrich, Santorum and Perry. Bachmann dropped out of the race after Iowa.
3. A. Smith is a Spokane County deputy sheriff who was ordered returned to work by an arbitrator who determined certain behaviors, like stabbing the seat of a car he was searching, were grounds for discipline but not firing. Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said he was “dumbfounded” by the ruling.
4. C. The Navy rescued the fishermen, who were being held hostage by Somali pirates. The fishermen were grateful; official Iranian reaction was mixed, with a government news agency calling it a propaganda stunt.
5. C. Hostess is filing for bankruptcy for the second time in less than a decade as it faces higher costs and increased competition from healthier snacks.
Last week’s winners were Brad Hawkins, who won a $50 gift card for the Davenport Hotel in a drawing of entries with perfect scores, and William Mahaney, who won two tickets to the Gonzaga-University of San Francisco basketball game on Thursday in a random drawing of all entries.
On the Web: Take our interactive quiz at spokesman.com/ newsquiz for a chance at a $50 gift card for the Davenport Hotel.