January 29, 2012 in Idaho, News, Region

Father saves child from burning home

Mobile home heavily damaged
By The Spokesman-Review
 
Map of this story's location

A father broke out a window in his burning mobile home early Sunday morning to rescue his 4-year-old daughter from the flames. The girl was unharmed after her rescue.

The mobile home fire in the 2900 block of North Francis Street in Coeur d’Alene was called in shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday, according to a press release from the Coeur d’Alene Fire Department. The caller said a child was trapped inside and when police arrived they saw the homeowner break out a bedroom window and go inside the home to save his daughter, the press release said. He was later taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries he received during the rescue.

Crews from the Kootenai and Northern Lakes Fire Departments also helped put out the fire. Four engines, a ladder truck and two ambulances responded, along with 25 firefighters.

The fire began in a rear bedroom and is still under investigation. The mobile home was heavily damaged by fire and smoke.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email