That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers for this week’s quiz.
1. B. Ritner received recognition for his work on keeping hundreds of Packards in working order. He’s been working on Packards for about 26 years.
2. C. Two in 60 years, according to Gary Wiles, a wildlife biologist for the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife: one in Saskatchewan and one in Alaska.
3. A. About 66 percent of Croatians who cast ballots said yes, but less than half bothered to vote.
4. B. The group filed an initiative last week to privatize liquor sales in Idaho. Washington voters passed an initiative to privatize liquor sales in that state in November.
5. D. Otter said he wants the Mine Safety and Health Administration to hold a public meeting in the Silver Valley to explain its decision to close the mine due to safety concerns.
On the Web: Now that you’re warmed up, try our online, interactive quiz at spokesman.com /newsquiz, where top entries have a chance at a $50 gift card for the Davenport Hotel.
Last week’s winner: Lois Duncan, of Coeur d’Alene.