Fire training stokes complaint
Now is not the time to write a complaint letter about firefighters because of the brave firefighters in Colorado. But Spokane Fire District No. 9 has motivated me to complain.
In the district, a sign, “Spokane Valley Fire Training Exercise,” was erected at 5421 and 5339 N. Lehman Road in the Spokane Valley, near the Hutton Settlement. At days’ end, on June 27 and 28, the firemen left the training area with smoke smoldering all evening and into the night. The air in all the housing developments north of Millwood was polluted with thick smoke through the evenings and into the night.
One would think that fire districts, organizations that focus on public safety and welfare, would show more sensitivity to people’s health issues, and an active concern about public air quality. It was very disappointing for my family, neighbors and community to have experienced and witnessed this.