Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com
• Theresa Boyer has been hired as development director of Washington State University’s College of Nursing. She previously served as director of gift planning for the University of Montana Foundation and has seven years of related experience. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Gonzaga University and a master’s degree in business administration from Eastern Washington University.
• Jim Kane has been named operations manager for Avista Utilities in Sandpoint. Kane has been with the company for 22 years.
• State Bank Northwest appointed Melanie Potter vice president/chief credit officer.
• Providence Medical Group – Family Medicine and Pediatrics Hawthorne hired Anne Marie McCarthy, M.D. as a physician in the practice of pediatrics. She is a graduate of St. George’s University and completed her internship and residency at the University of New Mexico.
• Mark and Tyice Strahl received a 2011 Exceptional Award from Philips Lifeline for their work with seniors in the Spokane community. The Strahls own Specialty Homecare Lifeline as well as two adult family homes in Spokane.
• Providence Medical Group – IM Hospitalists hired Kavitha Chaganur, M.D. as a physician in the practice of internal medicine. She is a graduate of Vijayanagar Institute of Medical Sciences and completed her internship and residency at Providence Internal Medicine Residency Spokane.
• Erin Meenach has been hired by Inland Northwest Blood Center as a recruitment coordinator. She previously worked for the Pacific Northwest Inlander for four years.
• The Friends of KSPS in Spokane received $20,000 from the Avista Foundation for the organization’s Broadcast Enhancement Project.
• John Winder has been hired as executive director of the Spokane STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Network. Winder previously operated his own consulting business in Pullman and served in various leadership roles for the Washington State University Extension.
• VEBA Service Group, a division of Gallagher Benefit Services Inc., has hired Jessica Haguewood as a communications and social media specialist. She recently graduated from Gonzaga University. The company also hired Sheilla Jones as a client compliance manager consultant. Jones holds a juris doctorate from the University of Houston Law Center.
• Greg Anderson has earned personal and professional board certification from the Center for Credentialing and Education. He is a business coach with ActionCOACH Business Coaching in Spokane.
• The Spokane Shock promoted Ryan Eucker to director of public relations and marketing. Eucker has worked for the team’s ticket department for the past two years.
• John McMullan has been hired by the Spokane Shock as director of game operations. He previously interned with the team and holds a degree in sports management from Washington State University.
• The Inlander promoted Jacob Fries to editor. He has been with the company since 2008.
• Larry Killstrom has been named 2012 national Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) of the Year by the Tourism Ambassador Institute. Killstrom serves as a security ambassador director and CTA for the Downtown Spokane Partnership.
Click here to comment on this story »