Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Anson Avery has opened a new certified public accounting tax practice in Spokane. The company specializes in providing business consulting, bookkeeping and all elements of tax work including State and Federal tax matters. Avery previously served as a partner with a local CPA firm for 31 years.
• Darren Pitcher has been hired as vice president of student services for Spokane Falls Community College. He previously worked for Miles Community College in Miles City, Mont., as vice president of student success and international research. He holds a bachelor’s degree in organization communication from Montana State University-Billings and master’s degree in organizational management from Fielding Graduate University.
• Spokane Falls Community College has named Jim Minkler vice president of learning. He held this position on an interim basis for the past two years and has been with Community Colleges of Spokane since 1999. • Washington State University has named John Roll associate vice provost for graduate education and scholarship for the university’s Division of Health Sciences in Spokane. Roll, who has been a WSU faculty member for the past eight years, will continue serving in his roles as associate dean for Faculty Affairs in the College of Nursing and as director of the Program of Excellence in the Addictions and the Program of Excellence in Rural Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment.
• The Coeur d’Alene office of Wells Fargo Advisors hired Cort Wilcox as a financial consultant and vice president/investment officer; and Craig Wilcox as a financial adviser. Both previously worked for D.A. Davidson and Co.
• Payne Financial Group has hired Shelly Donovan as an account manager for the company’s surety department in the Spokane Valley office. She previously served as director of professional and business development at Associated Builders and Contractors. She holds a bachelor’s degree in education from Eastern Washington University. • Eric Soles received an Edward Jones Field Trainer Award for training new financial advisers voluntarily. Soles is an Edward Jones Financial adviser in Coeur d’Alene.
• Washington Super Lawyers magazine named K&L Gates attorneys Tom Bassett and Paul Fitzpatrick as “2012 Super Lawyers” and Winston and Cashatt attorneys Kammi Mencke Smith, Ryan Yahne and David Gardner as “2012 Rising Stars.”
• J.J. DeBarros has been hired as a software developer for GreenCupboards in Spokane. He previously worked for World Wide Packets, Packet Engines and IBQ Systems.
• William Magee, M.D. has joined Rockwood Main Clinic in the practice of Orthopaedic surgery. He is a graduate of Louisiana State University, completed an internship and residency at Oregon Health and Sciences University, and completed a fellowship at TRIA Orthopaedic Center.
• Rockwood North Clinic has hired Virginia Reyta, M.D. as a pediatrician. A graduate of Far Eastern University, Reyta completed internships and residencies at Veteran’s Memorial Medical Center and Nassau University Medical Center.
Click here to comment on this story »