• Spain releases second-quarter gross domestic product.
• Commerce Department releases personal income and spending for June; Labor Department releases second-quarter employment cost index; Standard & Poor’s releases S&P/Case-Shiller index of home prices for May; Federal Reserve policymakers meet to set interest rates.
• The Conference Board releases the Consumer Confidence Index for July.
• Institute for Supply Management releases its manufacturing index for July; Commerce Department releases construction spending for June.
• Automakers release vehicle sales for July.
• Labor Department releases weekly jobless claims; Freddie Mac releases weekly mortgage rates; Commerce Department releases factory orders for June.
• Selected chain retailers release July sales.
• WASHINGTON – Labor Department releases employment data for July.