July 29, 2012

Fires strike area homes

By The Spokesman-Review
 

A child playing with a lit candle started a fire that damaged a home at 5815 N. Elgin just before 8 a.m. this morning.

Flames were coming from two windows at the northeast side of the house when firefighters arrived and smoke was visible from several blocks away, according to a Spokane Fire Department press release. The fire spread into a second bedroom and the attic before firefighters put it out.

Residents were able to escape the home before crews arrived, the press release said. No one was injured.

A kitchen fire damaged a home in the 700 block of North Howard in Medical Lake this morning. Firefighters from Airway Heights and Spokane County Fire District 3 also responded, according to a report by KHQ.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus