The Spokesman-Review

Fires strike area homes

A child playing with a lit candle started a fire that damaged a home at 5815 N. Elgin just before 8 a.m. this morning.

Flames were coming from two windows at the northeast side of the house when firefighters arrived and smoke was visible from several blocks away, according to a Spokane Fire Department press release. The fire spread into a second bedroom and the attic before firefighters put it out.

Residents were able to escape the home before crews arrived, the press release said. No one was injured.

A kitchen fire damaged a home in the 700 block of North Howard in Medical Lake this morning. Firefighters from Airway Heights and Spokane County Fire District 3 also responded, according to a report by KHQ.



Click here to comment on this story »







Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile