With the end of school, many low-income children may not have an opportunity for a hot lunch or breakfast. School districts in the area will offer breakfast and lunch at many locations over the summer at no cost to anyone through the age of 18.
Each district’s program is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
• Broadway Elementary School , 11016 E. Broadway Ave., June 25 through July 26, Mondays through Thursdays. There will be no meal service July 4 and 5. Breakfast will be served from 7:30 to 8:15 a.m. and lunch will be served from noon to 12:45 p.m. Diners don’t need to register or be a student in Central Valley School District to participate. Information: (509) 228-5400.
The East Valley School District will offer meals in three locations this year, Monday through Thursday. There will be no meals on July 4.
The meals will be served June 18 through Aug. 16. Information: (509) 924-1830.
• Trent Elementary School, 3303 N. Pines Road, breakfast will be served from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• East Valley High School, 15711 E. Wellesley Ave., will serve breakfast from 7:45 to 8:15 a.m. and lunch from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Otis Orchards School, 22000 E. Wellesley Ave., will offer the meals from June 18 through 21. Breakfast will be served from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to noon. From June 25 through Aug. 16, children in the Otis Orchards area can have their meals at the same times at the transportation center, 22300 E. Wellesley Ave.
In the West Valley School District, there will be no meal service the week of July 2 through 5. Breakfast will be served at all locations from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. and lunch will be served from noon to 1 p.m. Information: (509) 924-2150
• Centennial Middle School, 915 N. Ella, will serve meals from June 18 through 28 and July 30 through Aug. 23.
• West Valley High School, 8301 E. Buckeye, will serve meals from June 18 through 28.
• Orchard Center Elementary, 7519 E. Buckeye, and Ness Elementary, 9612 E. Cataldo, will serve meals from July 9 through Aug. 23.
• Seth Woodard Elementary, 7401 E. Mission, will serve meals July 30 through Aug. 23.
In addition to schools, summer meals will be served at the following locations, Mondays through Thursdays, June 18 through Aug. 16. There will be no meals served at these locations July 4:
• Valley YMCA , 2421 N. Discovery Place. Breakfast, 8:30 to 9 a.m.; lunch, 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Valley Mission Park , 11405 E. Mission Ave. Breakfast, 9 to 9:30 a.m.; lunch, noon to 12:30 p.m.
• Terrace View Park , 13500 E. 24th Ave. Breakfast, 9 to 9:30 a.m.; lunch, noon to 12:30 p.m.
• Parkside at Mirabeau , 2820 N. Cherry St. Breakfast, 9 to 9:30 a.m.; lunch 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 a.m.
Which of these movies did you like best? A) "The Searchers." B) "3:10 to Yuma." C) "Shane." D) "Red River." D) "Fort Apache." E) "Dances With Wolves." F) "High Noon." ...
Normally division championships are celebrated with champagne showers in the locker room. The Spokane Indians settled for cheering and high fives on a crowded bus.
Hillary Clinton on Tuesday became the first woman to be nominated for president by a major political party on an historic night that her campaign is hoping will reintroduce her ...
FISHING -- Game On! for sockeye and chinook anglers on the upper Columbia River near Brewster. Apparently the Okanogan River has finally warmed up enough to form a thermal barrier ...
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.