With the end of school, many low-income children may not have an opportunity for a hot lunch or breakfast. School districts in the area will offer breakfast and lunch at many locations over the summer at no cost to anyone through the age of 18.
Each district’s program is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
• Broadway Elementary School , 11016 E. Broadway Ave., June 25 through July 26, Mondays through Thursdays. There will be no meal service July 4 and 5. Breakfast will be served from 7:30 to 8:15 a.m. and lunch will be served from noon to 12:45 p.m. Diners don’t need to register or be a student in Central Valley School District to participate. Information: (509) 228-5400.
The East Valley School District will offer meals in three locations this year, Monday through Thursday. There will be no meals on July 4.
The meals will be served June 18 through Aug. 16. Information: (509) 924-1830.
• Trent Elementary School, 3303 N. Pines Road, breakfast will be served from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• East Valley High School, 15711 E. Wellesley Ave., will serve breakfast from 7:45 to 8:15 a.m. and lunch from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Otis Orchards School, 22000 E. Wellesley Ave., will offer the meals from June 18 through 21. Breakfast will be served from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to noon. From June 25 through Aug. 16, children in the Otis Orchards area can have their meals at the same times at the transportation center, 22300 E. Wellesley Ave.
In the West Valley School District, there will be no meal service the week of July 2 through 5. Breakfast will be served at all locations from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. and lunch will be served from noon to 1 p.m. Information: (509) 924-2150
• Centennial Middle School, 915 N. Ella, will serve meals from June 18 through 28 and July 30 through Aug. 23.
• West Valley High School, 8301 E. Buckeye, will serve meals from June 18 through 28.
• Orchard Center Elementary, 7519 E. Buckeye, and Ness Elementary, 9612 E. Cataldo, will serve meals from July 9 through Aug. 23.
• Seth Woodard Elementary, 7401 E. Mission, will serve meals July 30 through Aug. 23.
In addition to schools, summer meals will be served at the following locations, Mondays through Thursdays, June 18 through Aug. 16. There will be no meals served at these locations July 4:
• Valley YMCA , 2421 N. Discovery Place. Breakfast, 8:30 to 9 a.m.; lunch, 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Valley Mission Park , 11405 E. Mission Ave. Breakfast, 9 to 9:30 a.m.; lunch, noon to 12:30 p.m.
• Terrace View Park , 13500 E. 24th Ave. Breakfast, 9 to 9:30 a.m.; lunch, noon to 12:30 p.m.
• Parkside at Mirabeau , 2820 N. Cherry St. Breakfast, 9 to 9:30 a.m.; lunch 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 a.m.
BIRDING -- A $5,000 citation has been issued to a tribal member for the January killing a northern hawk owl that had been attracting scores of birders to a corner ...
Here’s a news item from the Associated Press: BOISE, Idaho (AP) — An Idaho Senate panel has introduced legislation that would freeze college and university tuition for incoming freshman so ...
I finally figured out the value of that publicly funded $2M presidential beauty contest that the Idaho GOP is holding Tuesday, March 8 -- blog fodder for Huckleberries Online. We ...
The media is filled with it. A legion of younger hungry single men all foam at the mouth upon command at the thought of it. Even that wonderfully-obscure male bastion ...