Here’s a chance to see how closely you followed the news last week with the newspaper version of That’s News to You. You can also try our online quiz, at www.spokesman .com /newsquiz, where one top score wins a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries have a chance to win free movie tickets.
1. After almost six years, the city of Spokane apologized to Ann Zehm for the death of her son, Otto. How was the apology delivered?
A. By certified mail
B. In person
C. By phone
D. By email
E. In a court filing
2. Two candidates for governor and two candidates for attorney general debated in Spokane last week. Where were the debates held?
A. The Bing Crosby Theater
B. The Fox Theater
C. Riverfront Park
D. The Spokane Opera House
E. The Veterans Memorial Arena
3. Spokane County announced an effort to combat the citizens’ No. 1 complaint in county parks, which is
A. Dogs running off the leash
B. Dirty restrooms
C. Too many mosquitoes
D. Not enough parking spaces
E. Obnoxious drunks
4. The town of Middleborough, Mass., voted to fine people $20 for
A. Sleeping on the village green
B. Panhandling without a license
C. Swearing in public
D. Wearing baggy pants that expose underwear
E. Failure to vote in a presidential election
5. The Seattle Mariners recently recorded an unusual no-hitter with multiple pitchers. How many pitchers did the Ms use in that no-hitter?
E. Can’t fool me. If there’s more than one pitcher, it isn’t a no-hitter.
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winners on Page B7.
Click here to comment on this story »