That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s quiz:
1. D. The Gaiser Conservatory celebrated its 100th anniversary last weekend.
2. B. According to the Census, Asian immigrants made up 36 percent of all immigrants; Hispanics were second at 31 percent.
3. A. Ten years ago, the answer would have been heart disease for the county and the nation. But improvements in health and medicine have dropped heart disease out of the top spot, and cancer is now the leading cause of death in Spokane County.
4. C. Recall CdA wanted to subject the mayor and three council members to a recall vote. Their petition drive fell short last week and was declared closed.
5. E. The order for triathletes is: Swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, run 26.2 miles.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a little practice, you might want to try the online version of That’s News to You at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for free movie tickets.
Last week’s winners were Ranae Tonasket, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Tammy Kerns, of Mead, who won free tickets to Regal Cinemas.